As the publisher of the Not-for-Profit News and a consultant with nonprofits in leadership transition, I have the benefit of seeing and reading much of the latest thinking around how nonprofits work and we try to share it with our readers. As we wrap up 2010, I took a few minutes to look back through the articles we featured this year that received great feedback from readers and/or resonated with what I am hearing through multiple channels. Each introduction either links to the article on our blog or another source.
In chronological order
1 ) Ten Quick Ways to Invigorate Board Meetings - Jan Masaoka of Blue Avocado
2) Does Your Board Use Executive Sessions? Jan Masaoka of Blue Avocado.
3) What Really Works In Building a Strong Board? - Mary Hiland, Ph.D of Hiland Associates in California.
4) Is Your Board Bowling Or Playing Golf? – Bryan
5) Register for the 2011 Central Indiana Board Chair Summit - January 21, 2011, presented by Peace Learning Center and Lacy Leadership Association. FMI, or Nancy Larner Ruschman at 317-327-7144.
6) Nonprofit Sabbaticals Improve Organizational Capacity
7) How Many Board Treasurer’s Do You Need? – Bryan – Not just for dollars $$ -
8) Can Nonprofit Leaders Consider Retirement Again? – Bryan
9) School’s Out for Summer - An Introduction to Internships for Your Nonprofit – On November 3, we partnered with Indiana InternNet and United Way of Central Indiana to provide an introduction and training session to 50 nonprofit leaders with the hope of increasing the use of interns by nonprofits. FMI, go to www.indianaintern.net or contact Pam Norman.
10) Central Indiana Nonprofit Salary Report – Bryan with Jim Morris, Pendula Consulting - www.CINSS.org
11) The BoardSource Nonprofit Governance Index 2010
12) The Annual Misperception of Charitable Priorities – Bryan
How to Make MLK Day a Day “On”
1 week ago