Thursday, May 15, 2014
Beth Huffman, Foster Results
2014 is well underway and already ushering in an array of new trends, from the latest fashions to cutting edge technology. A growing trend in the nonprofit world, however, has resulted from the not-so-new negative economic climate, which has brought along tighter resources for nonprofits – forcing organizations and funders alike to become more bottom-line-oriented.
“Funders are having fewer resources and greater demands,” explains Althea Gonzalez, North Carolina program manager for Hispanics in Philanthropy. Gonzalez tells The Nonprofit Times, “There’s going to be an increasing need to be able to demonstrate that the investment was effective. We want to make sure we’re making good investments, and strategic investments.”
While increasing demands for proof of a positive return on investment may seem like a hurdle for nonprofits, in actuality this trend creates new opportunities for organizations.
Nonprofits should take the time to analyze their data. The benefits to looking at trends within your financial performance are two-fold: Read the full article here.
Let Foster Results highly trained and experienced professionals focus on your financials — while your organization focuses on its mission. www.FosterResults.com.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
In early 2013, the leadership of the Planned Giving Group of Indiana (PGGI) charted a course to provide a new level of excellence in programming and education to its members and the central Indiana fund development community. More than a routine luncheon, they determined to bring a diverse array of many of the best speakers available.
- September 2013 - Chris Hoyt opened with an informative and humorous presentation on current trends in gift planning.
- October - Ron Brown’s history of gift annuities provided a new and interesting perspective.
- November - Indiana Philanthropy Day
- December - Frank Minton discussed new developments and trends with charitable gift annuities.
- February 2014 - Angela White discussed increasing planned gifts from women.
- March - Bryan Clontz’s “tales from the trenches” gave us laughs and useful “takeaways.”
- April – Dr. Adrian Sargeant underscored the importance of on bequests as a great fundraising opportunity.
- May - Gina Giacone concluded the program year with an excellent presentation (and CLE credit!) on the unauthorized practice of law.