Partly due to the Great Recession, partly due to rapid advances in technology, and in part due to changes in our cultural norms, we have entered into the Age of the New Normal. And this New Normal is affecting every facet of how nonprofit organizations conduct their businesses, from raising funds to using new technologies to workplace issues.
To stay current and viable as an organization in this Age of the New Normal, here are just a few of the questions that need answers:
· How dependent are we on government funding?
· Do we still believe that marketing and branding would make us look too much like the for-profit sector?
· Are we still trying to raise money under the rubric of being a "charity that makes a difference"?
· How well do we collect and leverage our data?
· How well do our employees work together, especially employees from different age groups?
· Are we getting the most out of our volunteers?
· What about our use of technology?